Skip to main content

2 posts tagged with "chrome"

View All Tags

· 4 min read
Chromium logo

Since Google released Chrome last year, I've gotten used to regularly using two browsers on my PC: Google Chrome for all of my "simple" personal browsing such as webmail, and Firefox for more advanced browsing such as website development. This also tends to create a nice separation of personal (Chrome) versus work (Firefox) tasks.

However, one thing that has bothered me for some time is the (slightly) proprietary nature of Google Chrome... don't get me wrong, Chrome is built from the opensource Chromium project, so it's not all that proprietary, but still, something does not quite sit right with me.

· 2 min read

We've been using jQuery at work for an up-coming secret project, and frankly, I think it's great!! :) We've also been using the excellent jqSOAPClient plugin for performing SOAP requests. However, when Google Chrome was released last month, I immediately tried our app with the new browser, only to find that all jqSOAPClient requests were failing under Chrome :(

Well, I left it for a couple of weeks - hoping that the jQuery and/or jqSOAPClient developers would already be aware of the issue, and would get time to fix it pretty quickly. But unfortunately, that has not been the case (or at least not that I can tell) - and I'm in no way complaining. So today I decided to have a go a tracking down the issue myself.